Thursday 17 September 2015

Week 9 Technical - Active & Passive Voices

Recognising active and passive voices in writing has never really occurred to me until I completed the passive and active voice exercise. Once understood what the difference was between active and passive voices, I quickly understood how to restructure sentences to use an active voice instead of a passive voice. Although I found the quiz quite easy, I struggled on some questions where it was harder to make the sentence read fluently once restructured.

I find that I understand a grammar concept once I have had to apply the rule into my own writing, I will now be more conscious of writing actively instead of passively to ensure that my writing skills are of a high quality. 

References

Businesswriting.com, (2015). Passive and Active Voice. [online] Available at: http://www.businesswriting.com/tests/activepassive.htm [Accessed 18 Sep. 2015].

No comments:

Post a Comment