Tuesday 15 September 2015

Week 10 Inquiry - Visual Consumer

I love the Birdnest website, I value the design of the website, the clothing and other products that are sold and the overall vibe of the site. The impact of the design is the first thing that catches the eye about the vibrant, fresh website, the colours and fonts used work well together and create a great theme. The bird nest and bird theme is used consistently throughout the website and ties it together perfectly. 

The logo used on the website is very sleek and simple, being a single red bird, the Birdsnest trademark is clear, concise and allows the viewer to associate the website with their logo. The soft red and blue tones used in the website design are quite boho and give an autumn theme to the design. The sans serif type font used in headings and writing is easy to read and keeps the website fresh. 

The photos and graphics used in the website have been well considered, they pick up the soft red and blue autumn tones whether in their background or text. The photos do not take away from the simplistic design of the website, they instead compliment the design and push it into a new element. The website design allows for enough white space between photos, text and headings that the viewer is not bombarded with information or overwhelmed by the website. The overall balance of the website is spot on, some graphics take up the whole page, however most are divided by three so the page can be evenly divided by three, creating a symmetrical and conforming design.



Visiting the Birdnest website is a visually appealing process, where all aspects of website design have been well considered and applied. 

References Birdsnest.com.au, (2015). Birdsnest Women's Clothing Australia | Buy Women's Dresses, fashion, jeans from 250+ Labels Online. [online] Available at: http://www.birdsnest.com.au/ [Accessed 16 Sep. 2015].

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique!
    I really enjoyed your descriptive reflection of the Birdnest website. All the elements that I can remember from the course work were covered. The only feedback I can offer is as follows:
    I think the word 'website' is over used, for example 'The website design allows for enough white space between photos, text and headings that the viewer is not bombarded with information or overwhelmed by the website'.
    I think some of your sentences are also too long, for example the first sentence in the second paragraph.

    I love the look of your blog and I am sure you will go well.

    I hope this helps and good luck!

    Wesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique, I think you gave a good review of the website. I can't wait till I have time to have a detailed look at it myself. I would suggest you check your referencing. There should be a link to it on the CQU website. Otherwise well done.
    Sally Walker

    ReplyDelete