Friday 18 September 2015

Week 10 Practical - Review of Blog

I have made a few changes to my blog to ensure the layout is clean and easy to read, I have kept the background simple and the white space balance. I think I have used enough headings to attract the reader to key headings and to separate the different blog posts. I have checked that I have completed all of the weekly tasks, and made amendments so the headings clearly indicate which post relates to which activity.

I think the major challenge was that the task seemed huge, however once you take the time out each week to complete each task it was amazing how quickly the term progressed and I didn't fall behind on my work load. The blog requirements were clear and concise so I understood what I had to do each week and how much time I would have to assign to each task. I don't think the blog requirements were too hard or too easy, I think the tasks were achievable and really challenged my thinking and writing skills.

I think the blog has definitely improved my writing, I was required to not only write for assignments but refine my writing skills each week which helped me fully understand how to write, especially in the media. I really learnt a lot from the blog submission checklist, although I didn't find all that many errors in my writing, I really appreciated having the chance to see a 'cheat sheet' on what the markers would be looking at. 

COMM11007 Media Writing is one of the best subjects I have done, I have really enjoyed every aspect of the course work and have found the course material informative and interesting. As a Business Management and Public Relations student, I really appreciated the change of pace involved in the Media Writing course.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monique,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. This week you did another good post. A wonderful effort.

    ReplyDelete