Friday 18 September 2015

Week 9 Practical - Storify Review

I reviewed Rebecca Somerville's Storify submission about the Pine Rivers Show. First impressions of Rebecca's Storify were great, Rebecca has taken the focus off the actual event and landed it on the effort of volunteers who put the show together. The audience for this story is potentially people who live in Brisbane which is a very wide demographic, the story is also applicable to those who attended the Ekka or are looking for something to do on their weekend. 

Rebecca taught me a lot about the Pine Rivers Show, she has jammed her story full of facts, history and quotes which gives the viewer a lot more information than they would receive from any other article. I think Rebecca has managed to incorporate many different aspects of the show and the different viewpoints from her quoted sources, I don't think she needs to include anything else into the story. 

A point to improve the structure of the story would be to ensure that there is a caption, quote or explanation explaining each photo rather than including photos one after the other. 

I really enjoyed reviewing Rebecca's Storify submission, I think she has done a fantastic job on covering such a massive event and getting some awesome quotes off valid sources. Rebecca's tweets were interesting, relevant and consistent and her story really showcases the importance of volunteers in community events. 

Well done Rebecca and good luck in submitting your (great) assignment!  


References

Somerville, R. (2015). Sugar City Con (with images, tweets) · spiritoflulu. [online] Storify. Available at: https://storify.com/spiritoflulu/sugar-city-con-2015 [Accessed 19 Sep. 2015].

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique
    I really appreciate you reviewing my Storify submission. Your comments have really given me a boost!
    Your comment about the captions has really got me thinking. I'll definitely have a look at that and make some amendments.
    I'm really glad you liked the story. All the best with your studies.
    Cheers, Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique,
    Your post was completed at a high standard. I found no grammatical errors in your writing and it was very well structured. Finally,you used correct reference form on your post. Good work.

    ReplyDelete