Saturday 15 August 2015

Week 5 Practical - Norma Barnham's Committed to Leaving a Legacy

Norma Barnham is Committed to Leaving a Legacy

Norma Barnham is an 86 year old war widow who has dedicated her life to raising children, grandchildren and great grandchildren; today revealed that her greatest passion is leaving a legacy that her family will be proud of.

My Great Grandmother, Norma Barnham, said that she it is important to her to teach her immediate relatives about the family history and to create a legacy that will live on after she is gone.

"I am so lucky to have had all of you kids in my life, I think I have done a good job in being there for you all," Mrs Barnham said.

"It is now really important to me that you understand your family history, that you all hear all of the stories that only I can tell you", she said.

Norma's late husband, Stan Barnham, my Great Grandfather passed away over 30 years ago from injuries he sustained in the war. Norma still struggles with his death on a daily basis. 

"My poor husband never got the chance to tell his stories about when he was a boy or what he experienced in the war, he was too traumatised from the war, and his sickness claimed his life very quickly," Norma said.

Norma Barnham has raised two children, four grandchildren and two great grandchildren. While juggling her family duties, Mrs Barnham also volunteers her time at her local RSL and War Widows organisations. 

Grandma has had such a positive impact in my life, she has taught me many life lessons and has been a constant support system. Norma's legacy is larger than life, she is such an inspiration to those who know her. 




https://twitter.com/monique_windsor/status/632513760440090624

No comments:

Post a Comment