Monday 17 August 2015

Week 4 Practical - Preparing for Assessment 2

One of the assignments for the COMM11007 is to report to social media a local event. I live in a small rural mining town in Central Queensland, therefore I have a very limited selection of events available in the local area. 

One of the possible events I can cover for this assignment is a Barefoot Bowls afternoon at the Tieri Country Club. This event is held on the 12th of September from 3 PM. The country club holds Barefoot Bowls about twice a year, and they are usually well attended by locals. This time, the Country Club has organised a live band to perform for the afternoon, Josh Henry Live. The event is a great way to encourage locals to get out and have some fun in the sun, while supporting their local non-for-profit club. Tieri is a small mining town of around 1,500 people, all working on shift at the local underground mine. 

The main parts of the event will be the registration of the Barefoot Bowls Day and announcing the winners, where the organisers will say a quick speech thanking people for coming. There is no need to get accredited for the event, cameras are not restricted. The main people I will try to get a short quote from would be the organisers of the event, commenting on how successful they believe the event was. I will also seek to obtain quotes from a number of participants and the winners and losers of the event. 

It is crucial to plan on how I will report at the Barefoot Bowls Day, so I do not leave anything out, I appear professional and organised and I get the most out of the event as I possibly can. I will meet with the organisers of the event, prior to the day so I can let them know the requirements of my assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment